Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Outside the garden


I took my camera out with me these past two days and went to see what else was blooming this time of year!  First - I found some beautiful morning glories blooming on my neighbor's fence, just a few houses down the alleyway.  Just a lone bee hovering over these beautiful blooms - unlike the native Texas "tall weed" growing on the south side of my house.  (I am trying to post a couple of photos of these, but I'm still trying to figure out this blog and exactly how to do this!)

My goal is to plant more of these larger morning glory seeds next year.  I have the little wild morning glories blooming profusely in my garden.  I've been cautioned about letting them get out of hand, but they are easily identified in the springtime and I can pluck all the ones that I don't want to continue growing. 

Another reason why I don't pull all the fledging morning glories in the Spring is because of the fact that in late September and the whole month of October, I welcome anything that blooms for the honey bees.

No comments:

Post a Comment