Monday, October 25, 2010

Butterflies are gone...

I am sad...  The butterflies have gone where?  Further south?  More than likely.  The winds have kicked up even more today and they definitely have a "northern" bite to them!  I absolutely love this weather!  My favorite holidays are all coming up and Mother Nature is getting ready to sleep for a period of time.

Just like us - there are parts of us that can lie dormant for awhile and then, re-emerge in all of their glory.  Nature teaches us that there are seasons to everything.

If I saw my butterflies every season of the year, they'd become a sort of ho-hum sort of thing.  But, since I see them just a few weeks in the Spring and sometimes in the Summer, and these glorious weeks in the Fall, it is like a gift that I know is on its way, but never sure just "when" it will get here! 

A lone honeybee was buzzing around my spider's wort this morning.  I wonder if he knows where home is.  I don't know where they come from to visit my garden or where they go -- but I've been delighted to provide them with nectar!  More flowers to plant next year to feed more honeybees!

No comments:

Post a Comment