Wednesday, October 20, 2010

North to Whitesboro, TX



So, yesterday, I was gone from my blog because I was up in Whitesboro, TX visiting my best girlfriend and her family.

They live on 13 acres in a beautiful house that they designed and oversaw the construction of 5 years ago.  They are surrounded by about 11 acres of woods.  It is one of my favorite places to go "hang out".  I tell them that they are "living my dream"!

One of the advantages of living in Grayson County, Texas, is that there is this beautiful sandy loam soil that makes everything grow like it's on steroids!  I hadn't been up to see her since April.  We had transplanted domestic and wild strawberry plants from my garden to theirs, and, sure enough - they have become a beautiful ground cover for their yard on the north side of their home.

Additionally, the Knockout roses and the lantanas grow like there's no tomorrow! 

Every time I go to visit them I bring back a bucket or two of that sandy loam soil to mix in with my own black clay soil here in Collin County.  Next time, I'm bringing a U-Haul trailer...

No comments:

Post a Comment